Thursday, September 8, 2011

Jiminy

I've had a credit to One Kings Lane for quite a while now, but on the home sample sale website $25 doesn't go very far. I've gotten some adorable stationary from there before so when a sale popped up today with gifts I thought I would give it a look. I found some lovely flat note cards by Jack and Lulu on there on sale for only $19. The only problem : There were 4 different ones I liked and needed my friends Caroline and Kristin to help me decide. I chose to get the cricket one but in the process we found some new information out about our dear friend Kristin.
She HATES crickets! Now I'm not a huge fan of them in real life but I love whimsical prints so crickets on note cards, clothes, even cartoon ones are a-ok with me.
I mean who wouldn't want a cricket friend to sing to you? Obviously Kristin. This revelation today led me to look up some information on crickets as pets for Kristin as her birthday is in the next couple of weeks and now I definitely know what we should get her.

"The lifespan of the most commonly sold cricket in bait shops or pet stores --Acheta Domesticus -- is 8 to 10 weeks, which is a very brief span of time to us, but like millenia to them since one day is as a year to these creatures, and their deaths at 10 weeks (70 days) is like a human's death at 70 years. So don't cry hard when their time is up; just be grateful to have had such good times together."

Dear Kristin: I hope you and Jiminy have a wonderful 70 days together. Xoxo, Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment