Monday, November 28, 2011

Gamecocks vs. Tigers (the Clemson kind)

Can y'all believe that the regular season for college football is OVER? I anticipate its arrival at the end of the summer and dread its ending at the end of the year. Sadly, my Gamecocks will not be in the SEC Championship this year thanks to those damn Georgia Bulldogs (who we beat by the way, but whatevs) I wish the Dawgs all the luck in the world and all I have to say is GEAUX TIGERS! (the LSU kind)

This past weekend was rivalry weekend for college football and it was not different here in South Carolina and in my household. On Saturday, we packed up the car and headed down to Williams-Brice to see my Gamecocks take on my husband's Clemson Tigers. I continuously try to convince him that he should go ahead and switch to being a Carolina fan since our children will obviously be Carolina fans but he hasn't made the switch quite yet. It was an AMAZING game where the Gamecocks showed those Tigers what it's like to play SEC teams. We beat the Tigers 34-13 and it marked the 3rd year in a row we had won the Battle of the Palmetto State. It also marked the 2nd time that the Gamecocks had a 10 win season. Now, we'll wait to see where my Gamecocks are headed for bowl season. I'm crossing my fingers for Florida because I would surely love an after-Christmas DisneyWorld trip.

I'm linking up with the Belles of Saturday to bring y'all my tailgating pictures from Saturday. Go Cocks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up with us!! You always have such cute pictures, I love those cupcakes!! We are defff really sad the regular season is over :-(

    ReplyDelete