Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend in Review

This past weekend was busy busy busy which seems to be the theme for my life lately. Friday night, Derrick and I went to a welcome party for the first year ophthalmology residents at one of the doctor's homes in downtown Charleston. We could only stay for a little while because we were headed to the Family Circle Cup Stadium on Daniel Island for the Hootie & the Blowfish concert. Toad the Wet Sprocket opened for them on Friday night and the husband is a huge fan so I was glad we got there in time for him to see a little bit of their show. I took video of Darius Rucker covering Toad the Wet Sprocket's "Crowing"



We rode with The Magrath's out to Daniel Island (Thanks Ashley for driving us :-) ) and went to Gilroy's afterwards for a late night snack.
Hubby + I in our seats-It was sooo muggy outside!

Hootie!

The Magrath's & The Huey's (excuse the grainy phone pic)


We also had tickets for Saturday night but decided not to go and had a date night instead. We had dinner at Zia Taqueria with The Coker's. I also somehow managed to convice Derrick to see The Help with me afterwards at The Terrace Theater next door. I have yet to read the book but I have it and definitely plan on starting it this week. It was such a great movie and Derrick even enjoyed it despite him being less than thrilled about going to see it.


Sunday morning, I had to leave early to head back to Columbia for a Bridal Tea Shower for Caroline. I can't believe her wedding is in less than 2 weeks! I didn't take any pictures but did *borrow* one from Facebook that someone else took.

Lindsey, Lee, Caroline & Brittany

I left the shower to rush home, change into my Tony Romo jersey (Go Cowboys) and set up my computer for fantasy draft. My husband is the commish of our league *I'm so proud* and this year, we decided to do a live draft at our home. Unfortunately, I couldn't be there because of my prior commitments but was able to be FaceTimed in via the computer (oh technology) I can't wait until football season starts!

Thus ends my whirlwind weekend, here's hoping for a much less jam packed one this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment