Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Cousins!

Two of my favorite people were born on today and they just happen to both be related to me. Today is my cousin Kim's 29th birthday and my cousin Chelsea's 23rd birthday. Kim is my mom's brother's child and Chelsea is my dad's sister's child.

I used to love going during the summer to visit Kim for weeks at a time in Charleston and it would make me cry when it was time to go because I didn't want to leave. I was in her wedding in 2007 and she unfortunately lost her husband in 2008 only a month shy of their first wedding anniversary. I'm amazed at her ability to still love God through her trials and come out the other end a wonderful woman who continued school and has now found someone else to love. She was my matron of honor in 2008 and I wouldn't have imagined anyone else standing up there with me as I started my life with my husband.

My sweet cousin Chelsea is a couple of years younger than me but we've always been close. She graduated from my alma mater last spring. Her first year there she went through rush and chose to be a Kappa Delta. It was such an honor to be able to initiate her into my chapter of Kappa Delta. We shared not only the bond of being cousins but also the bond of being sisters in our KD. She was also in my wedding in 2008 and I can't wait to see who God puts in her life to be her husband because I know it will be someone amazing.
Happy Birthday Kim & Chelsea! I love you both more than words can say!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I didn't realize their birthdays were on the same day. This is a sweet post. Pretty photos of you all!!

    ReplyDelete